A typical adult has near about 100,000-120000 hairs on the head. It is normal to lose 50 to 100 hairs a day, though most us are not willing to part with any one of those. Americans are expected to spend approximately $1.5 billion on hair growth therapies annually. Hair loss triggers several medical situations such as the following:
Alopecia totalis â€“ This means loss of all scalp hair.
Alopecia universalis - Loss of all body hair, plus eyebrows and eyelashes.
Alopecia areata - Unexpected loss of patches of hair
Androgenetic alopecia (AGA) or Male pattern baldness - Is ordinary in men. It is very often genetic or hereditary. Connected with the presence of androgens- male sex hormones. Researchers recommended that the hair follicles of individuals susceptible to AGA may have receptors programmed to slow down or shut off hair production under the pressure of androgens. Men can begin suffering hair loss as early as their teens or early twenties, while most women don't experience visible thinning until their forties or later.
Involutional alopecia - Regular thinning of hair with age.
Telogen effluvium - Extreme shedding of hair, but not complete baldness, associated with various illnesses and drug treatments, rapid weight loss, anemia, stress, or pregnancy.
Trichotillomania - Pieces of broken hairs and incomplete hair loss, usually on the scalp but sometimes involving the eyebrows. This is found particularly in children. The child is most likely rubbing or pulling away hair.
Causes of Hair Loss
Although the most general cause of hair loss in men is Male Pattern Baldness, there are many other ailments and conditions which cause or donate to premature hair loss and substandard appearance of hair in both men and women.
These situations can be genetic, environmental, or biological in origin.
4. Poor circulation
5. Acute illness
7. Radiation exposure
8. Skin disease
9. Sudden weight loss
10. High fever
11. Iron deficiency
13. Thyroid disease
14. Drugs such as those used in chemotherapy, antidepressants, etc.
15. Exposure to chemicals such as those used to decontaminate swimming pools, bleach, dye, and perm hair.
18. Scalp injuries
19. Poor diet
20. Vitamin deficiencies
21. In women following child birth
Home Remedies for Hair Care
1.A diet rich in zinc should be followed, as the main cause of dry hair is the lack of mineral zinc.
2. Rosemary is an useful hair tonic and conditioner. Rosemary also aids retain color especially in dark hair.
3. Chamomile and lemon juice have a soft bleaching effect on hair. Mix chamomile tea with lemon juice and use as a clean to lighten hair. One of the good home remedies for hair care.
4. For troubles with dandruff, add rosemary and/or patchouli essential oils to your shampoo or mix with almond oil as a hair treatment for your scalp.
5. Wash hair with peppermint or spearmint tea to support hair growth.One of the best home remedies for hair care.
6. Use flat beer to help avoid spit ends do it once or 2 times a month but it straight on your hair, wrap it in a towel for 1 to 2 hours and rinse out. Apply raw egg and olive oil to avoid hair loss. One of the effective home remedies for hair care.
7. To a cup of coconut milk put in two tablespoons of gram flour. Apply on the scalp and massage softly. Wash the hair after five minutes. Use this practice one time in a week.
8. Make a conditioner by mixing one tablespoon of castor oil, one tablespoon of glycerin, a teaspoon of cider vinegar, a teaspoon of protein to a tablespoon of soft herbal shampoo. Apply it on scalp and leave it on for 20-25 minutes and then wash the hair. One of the simple but useful home remedies for hair care.
9. Add a teaspoon of lavender oil to the coconut oil and heat it for a few seconds. Massage the scalp at night and then shampoo the hair in next morning. Follow this method twice a week for soft and shiny hair.
10. For hair growth apply coconut milk with aspirin and leave in hair for 2 hours then wash and wash hair.
11. A tea and beer rinse is one of the oldest habits to bring shine to your hair. Boil used tea leaves in sufficient water, let it cool and then use this liquid as the last rinse.
12. In the parallel fashion you can use flat beer (i.e. after letting the bubble out). This is a immense conditioner to be used for your hair.
13. To get that shine one can use honey to keep your scalp moisturized. You can make honey lotion for your hair by adding 3 teaspoons of honey for pint of water. One of the popular home remedies for hair care.
14. The use of henna as a natural conditioner proves to be very helpful for your hair. It helps to bring back the bounce and flair of your hair which has been deficient for quite a while.
15. For a enormous hair treatment/conditioner try 1 egg yoke, 1-2 Tbsp Olive Oil, and 2-3 drops Vitamin E. Merge these, wet hair, mix combination into hair. Let set for 3-5 minutes, feels/looks/smell strange but it works so fine and then wash out with shampoo.